AF Form 1206 – AF 1206 Form Printable, Fillable PDF – To ensure consistency throughout the nomination process, the Air Force requires that all submission packages for awards be filed on AF Form 1206, Nomination for Award, in accordance with AFPD 36-28, Awards and Decorations Program, in order to be considered. Unless otherwise specified, they are restricted to two pages in Times New Roman font with a 12 pitch, unless otherwise stated.
What Is The Purpose Of AF Form 1206?
AF Form 1206, Nomination for Award, is used to nominate civilians and airmen for awards in the United States Air Force. It keeps track of the justifications for quarterly and yearly rewards given to employees at various levels of the business. These awards raise the general public’s awareness of the accomplishments of members of the United States Air Force (AF), including Reserve and Air National Guard troops.
The most recent version of the form, which was issued on August 2, 2017, rendered all earlier versions of the form obsolete. Fillable Air Force Form 910 is available for download below, or it may be accessed on the Air Force e-Publishing website, which is updated on a regular basis. Additionally, Air Force Instruction (AFI) 36-2870, Nuclear Operations Awards Program, has additional information and submission standards.
An AF award is a kind of honor awarded to AF units or members in acknowledgment of specific actions or deeds. Examples of AF awards include accolades, citations, emblems, badges, streamers, and commendations, among other things. The awards are successfully used to honor and reward officers, civilians, airmen, and noncommissioned officers (NCOs) who have achieved a spectacular feat or taken a significant step forward in their careers. Additionally, through sharing the successes of its service personnel, they help to build public support and morale for the Air Force and its mission.
Filling Out AF Form 1206-What To Do?
The following are the guidelines for completing AF Form 1206:
- The filer must specify the sort of award that should be granted to the candidate under the heading “Award.”
- The filer should include the award category (if applicable), the award term (the period of time for which the award is awarded), the rank and name of the candidate, and the day on which the award will be delivered.
- Air Force awards come with unique instructions that include information on how to submit the award and the format criteria for these jobs. Commanders at all levels of the organization make extensive public announcements about the nomination processes for special medals and trophies. Commanders nominate and check the accomplishments of individuals who are eligible for suitable awards on a regular basis. Commanders, vice commanders, and executive directors of Major Commands of the United States Air Force (MAJCOM), Direct Reporting Units (DRU), and Field Operating Agencies (FOA) have endorsed nominees for positions within their organizations.
- It is necessary to provide the duty air force specialty code (DAFSC) and the duty title under “DAFSC.”
- The filer should provide the nominee’s telephone number, unit (or office) address, and the rank, complete name, and telephone number of the unit commander in the nomination package. 6.
- The section headed “Specific Accomplishments” is the most important area of the form, and it must include all of the nominee’s notable accomplishments throughout the time period covered by the form. All of your accomplishments should be organized by category. These are some examples:
- Job performance and leadership in the primary responsibility;
- Capable of taking on leadership roles in social, religious, and cultural activities
- Significant improvements in one’s own character;
- The Air Force is represented in an articulate and favorable manner.
- Community service or work at the base
- Additional accomplishments
There is no limit to the number of lines that may be offered in any category, but in order to remain competitive, it is vital to cover all of the bases. For the purpose of conveying the picture of a well-balanced airman, the number of entries in each category should be nearly equal in number. Specific accomplishments of the candidate must be mentioned. The awards are granted to service personnel for a certain amount of time, which is specified in the form’s wording. In most cases, the command awards only those personnel who have achieved and merited exceptional service in the military during the time of the awarding ceremony.
This form may be used to recognize and reward both regular employees and commanding officials, with no exceptions. It is possible to submit it on a quarterly or yearly basis, depending on the command’s set of requirements. It does not require the inclusion of any additional attachments or documents. This form should be sent to the higher command after it has been completed.
Is It Permissible To Use Abbreviations In AF 1206?
Because of the excessive usage of acronyms and abbreviations in this form, it might be difficult to understand. In order to prevent this, it is preferable not to use acronyms and abbreviations that are not generally recognized. AF Form 1206 will be viewed by people from a broad range of professional backgrounds, so it must be written in a clear and intelligible manner, using terms that are accessible to everyone.